Document Management Software Powered by V1
Document Management Overview
Information overload is the blight of 21st century business. Despite the huge progress in electronic technologies, paper production continues to grow. These documents are an essential corporate resource, underpinning all core operational processes and decision making.
Many organisations are looking to:
- Eliminate manual invoice processing - one of the most protracted and costly processes within any organisation is the manual processing of purchase invoices.
- Automate the workflow and approval process - the activities associated with the approval of purchase invoices can also be extremely time-consuming and inconvenient for both the finance department and the cost centre managers.
- Improve document archiving and retrieval - the filing, storage and retrieval of orginal paper-based invoices is inefficient both in terms of man power and costly office space.
There are many uses for document management and imaging systems across an organisation, however Eclipse have partnered with V1 specifically to help organisations drive efficiencies and reduce costs within the finance function.
Document Management from V1
V1's tailored document management systems and document imaging software ensures an efficient means of creating, capturing, storing, authorising, delivering and managing key business documents. Document management software or paperless office technology, replaces paper-based processes with electronic procedures, eliminating the printing, posting and manual filing of paper documents.
Tight integration with existing financial software provides automatic generation and posting of accounting entries directly from scanned purchase invoices, which helps to streamline processes, improve control and drive down costs. In most cases, organisations can achieve a return on investment within six months.
Benefits of Document Management from V1
- Using Optical Character Recognition (OCR), invoices are scanned and accounting entries created and posted automatically to the finance system.
- Documents are automatically created, delivered, archived and retrieved.
- All documents, from email to Word documents, can be automatically saved and indexed in a central document archive, including automatic links between documents and document types.
- Authorised users can file, index, track, retrieve and distribute documents instantly from their desktop.
- Risk of document loss from mislaid or misfiled papers is eliminated.
- Copies of documents can be retained at different locations for ultimate security.
- Meet environmental goals by reducing paper usage.
See It In Action
Title: Purchase Invoice Automation with V1 Document Management
Presenters: Richard Hughes
Organiser: Emma Mitchell
Click the image to see you how much money you can save with an effective document management solution by overcoming inefficiencies and maximising value and cost savings.