In today’s fast-paced working environment, organisations are faced with increased business complexity. Many organisations have a portfolio of disparate, disconnected, and highly modified business management systems with no way of accessing one single source of truth. To stay competitive and grow, organisations must embrace digital transformation. There is a growing requirement for cloud-based SaaS solutions which enable organisations to modernise and leverage the latest technologies to integrate their business management solutions and stay competitive. Organisations that fail to digitally transform risk falling behind from their competitors, especially if they are unable to react quickly to changing business requirements.
Next generation technology and disruptive technology solutions, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), are built into digital transformation platforms, such as Infor OS (Operating System). Infor OS is a low-code platform, which provides seamless integration to Infor and third-party business applications, an extensive single-sign-on (SSO), and simplified user management. Such technologies enable more effective ways of working in today’s digital workplace, increasing employee engagement and organisational agility. They also provide opportunities and advanced tools to help organisations innovate faster than traditional on-premise solutions.
In recent Gartner ‘Cloud Shift’ research, Gartner states that, ‘Almost two-thirds (65.9%) of spending on application software will be directed toward cloud technologies in 2025, up from 57.7% in 2022’. This research indicates how demand for cloud-based SaaS solutions, such as Infor OS, will continue to increase as organisations seek to digitally transform their initiatives.
Infor OS can assist with any cloud innovation use case, whether it is an integration or automation project, or a focus on data and insights. Here are just a few ways in which Infor OS helps organisations with their digital transformation efforts:
- Provides access to one single source of the truth – Infor OS enables all users to gain access to one single source of the truth via the Infor Data Lake, a unified repository for capturing all of an organisation’s data. Infor also provides an advanced cloud business intelligence and analytics platform where this data can be processed for further insights. All of this is available through Infor OS, providing organisations with a greater insight into their data across multiple business applications, enabling them to respond quickly to upcoming business opportunities and address market needs as and when they arise.
- Ensures business continuity – Infor OS is powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS), the market leader for cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service. The platform’s best-in-class system architecture facilitates business continuity by ensuring system uptime, world-class security and reliability with minimal risk of business disruption at the lowest cost. Whether an organisation’s business management solutions are deployed in the cloud, in a private cloud, on-premise, or a hybrid setup; and no matter whether an employee is working from home, in the office, or on the road, the cloud platform provides organisations with access to their business applications securely and reliably. AWS also provides additional benefits, such as scalability, lower operational costs, a reduced need for IT professionals responsible for infrastructure maintenance, security tools against cyber-attacks and natural disasters, and high availability, with redundant infrastructures and backups. In addition, organisations do no longer need to upgrade their solutions to the latest software releases and experience associated business disruption, as the software is upgraded automatically in the cloud.
- Provides industry-leading functionality – Infor OS delivers a range of CloudSuite solutions with built-in, industry-leading functionality and best practices, without the need for extensive customisations or integrations, which is often the case with legacy, on-premise business management solutions. This enables organisations to meet changing business requirements and grow without being held back by inflexible solutions.
- Streamlines operational efficiency – Infor OS streamlines business processes to increase productivity in the workplace. We previously explored Infor ION Process, Infor’s iPaaS solution (part of Infor OS) and how this application provides greater flexibility for end-users to model and manage business workflows easily. Organisations can also adapt easily to changing conditions and demands, for example, it is easy to add a new user without support from the IT department. Furthermore, Infor OS has business intelligence and business analytics tools, and AI and ML, to help automate business processes and empower employees to work in new, innovate ways. The platform combines analytics, mobility, social business, and cloud computing, enabling employees to interact with business applications and each other to work more efficiently and effectively. It is also important to note how cloud-based SaaS solutions are more economical than on-premise solutions due to far simpler cost models – please read our previous blog post for more information on costs and the associated benefits of SaaS solutions, in particular, the Infor SunSystems Cloud financial management platform (powered by Infor OS).
5. Delivers continuous technological enhancements - Not only does Infor OS provide access to disruptive technology solutions, but it makes that technology a connected part of an organisation’s infrastructure. Infor’s proven cloud-based model can ensure organisations are comprehensively current with technology and will benefit from continuous technology enhancements without disruption.
For further information please call +44 (0)203 866 8800, send an email, or download our Infor whitepapers: